Sunday, January 22, 2012

Roasted Mushroom and Goat Cheese Sandwiches

I saw Rick Bayless making this on a show and it made my mouth water! I'm glad to report that it tastes just as good as I had hoped.

In a glass pan mix the following:
2 large heads of garlic, cloves peeled and slightly mashed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 lime juice
2 t salt

Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.

1 1/2 pounds thin sliced mixed mushrooms. (I used crimini, shitake and button)

Mix mushrooms into garlic mixture, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Uncover and bake for about 30 minutes more.

To assemble the sandwiches:
6 crusty rolls - sliced
soft goat cheese (I used Boursin Garlic and Herb)
3 cups arugula (I mixed in some baby spinach)
Tomato Salsa

Spread rolls with goat cheese and some mushrooms. (I wrapped them in foil and baked at 325 for 10 minutes) Top with arugula and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment